October 4, 2013
He passed away peacefully Sept. 20, 2013, with his wife Barbara by his side. He was 85.
Memorialservices for Robert W. "Bob" Weaver will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct, 10, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Bob was born May 16, 1928 in Langhorne, Pa., to Dora and Lucius Weaver. Bob went to elementary school and high school in Oroville, Calif.
He attended U.C. Berkeley and received his Bachelor of Science degree in Forestry. It launched his career with the California Department of Forestry, which lasted 34 1/2 years.
He was very dedicated to everything he did. While in college, he learned to play a bassoon, which is very difficult to master. He played golf once in awhile. He excelled and enjoyed woodworking. He took life very seriously, as well as his family.
Bob is survived by wife Barbara, four children, four grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by both of his parents.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Nevada County Hospice of the Foothills.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Conner Milkey accused in 2016 death of Nevada County Jail inmate
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Chasing shadows: Nevada County man gearing up for his fifteenth eclipse