February 5, 2014
Robert "Bob" Townsend died on Jan. 28, 2014, in Carson City, Nev., from complications of cancer.
Bob was born in Grass Valley on Aug. 13, 1948. He graduated from Nevada Union High School in 1966.
He worked for Boise Cascade, putting in golf courses at Lake of the Pines and Lake Wildwood. He moved to Carson City over 30 years ago and was in golf management.
Bob leaves behind his lovely wife, Leslie, two stepchildren and five grandchildren; his mother, Betty Townsend; and sister, Judy (David) Casper of Grass Valley; his niece, Stacey Garrett and family of Red Bluff, Calif.
He was preceded in death by his father, Bud Townsend.
As per his request, there will be no services. A memorial will be at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo