Robert Morgan Brooks
April 10, 2013
Robert Morgan Brooks passed away March 26, 2013, in Grass Valley. He was 94.
A private service with his bible study group will take place at a later date.
Robert was born May 1, 1918, in Chariton, Iowa, to Howard and Edna Brooks.
He served in the U.S. Navy from 1942 to 1946. In 1945, he married Betty Joyce Connell. He attended Los Angeles City College, where he earned his AA degree and made a career as a workman's compensation administrator.
Robert enjoyed antique bottle collecting and loved to travel by train. He was a member of Sierra Presbyterian Church in Nevada City and also volunteered every Friday at the Interfaith Food Ministry for many years. For his efforts and kindness, Robert received the president's Volunteer Service Award from President Bush. He will be missed very much.
He is survived by his wife, Betty Brooks; his son, Randy Brooks, of Penn Valley; his brother-in-law, Charles Connell, of Marysville; his grandson, Daniel Brooks, of North Carolina; and his great-granddaughter, Maureen Brooks, of Grass Valley.
He was preceded in death by his daughter, Marily Brooks, in 1972.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Memorial contributions may be made to Interfaith Food Ministry 551 Whiting St., Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed