Rita Rae Baravetto
March 21, 2013
It is with profound sadness that we announce the passing of Rita Baravetto, resident of Grass Valley, Calif., March 10, 2013. She was 56.
A family service will take place, and Rita will be interred in Mosinee, Wis.
Rita was born in Wausau, Wis., and graduated from Mosinee High School and the University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point. She received her master's degree from Golden Gate University in San Francisco, where she lived and worked for 30 years and cherished the beauty of the "City by the Bay."
Rita is survived by her husband, Thomas Venz; mother Esther Baravetto; sister Annette Salamone; brother and sister-in-law John and Beth Baravetto; niece Sarah Baravetto; nephews Jeff Baravetto and Jeff Salamone; stepchildren Steve and Beth Venz (and their three children).
Donations in her memory can be made to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Attn: Development Office, 6201 Florin Perkins Road, Sacramento, CA 95828, or any other animal charity or Hospice of the Foothills, 11270 Rough and Ready Highway, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom