February 11, 2013
Richard Penniman Richard Penniman passed away Friday, Jan. 25, 2013. He was 65.
A memorial service is planned in the near future
He was born May 4, 1947, and was the beloved son of Edwin Penniman and Aletha Seawell Penniman and the cherished brother of Woody and Bertha, all of whom predeceased him.
A native Californian, Richard, together with his wife, Lisa, raised his wonderful family on their small farm in Nevada County. He was an amazing dad, musician and artist.
Richard is survived by his loving wife, Lisa Loper Penniman, and his wonderful children, Julie, Erin, Orion, Starr and Tracie. Richard was deeply loved by his family and will be dearly missed.
In addition to his wife and children, Richard is also survived by his brother, Ray; father in-law, Bernie Loper; brother in law, Dick Halberg, Richard (Pamm) Coleman, Tim Loper, Rob (Peggy) Szchowski; sister-in-law, Mary Agar; his adoring nieces and nephews, Faith Pelayo, Michael Ward, Eric and Deborah Clough and David and Holly Penniman; as well as his grandchildren, Amber, Andrew, Allison and Abigail; and his grandnephews and grandnieces, Riley, Luke, Thea, Elizabeth and Indiana.
Trending In: Obituaries
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location