February 11, 2013
Richard Penniman Richard Penniman passed away Friday, Jan. 25, 2013. He was 65.
A memorial service is planned in the near future
He was born May 4, 1947, and was the beloved son of Edwin Penniman and Aletha Seawell Penniman and the cherished brother of Woody and Bertha, all of whom predeceased him.
A native Californian, Richard, together with his wife, Lisa, raised his wonderful family on their small farm in Nevada County. He was an amazing dad, musician and artist.
Richard is survived by his loving wife, Lisa Loper Penniman, and his wonderful children, Julie, Erin, Orion, Starr and Tracie. Richard was deeply loved by his family and will be dearly missed.
In addition to his wife and children, Richard is also survived by his brother, Ray; father in-law, Bernie Loper; brother in law, Dick Halberg, Richard (Pamm) Coleman, Tim Loper, Rob (Peggy) Szchowski; sister-in-law, Mary Agar; his adoring nieces and nephews, Faith Pelayo, Michael Ward, Eric and Deborah Clough and David and Holly Penniman; as well as his grandchildren, Amber, Andrew, Allison and Abigail; and his grandnephews and grandnieces, Riley, Luke, Thea, Elizabeth and Indiana.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation