February 11, 2013
Richard Penniman Richard Penniman passed away Friday, Jan. 25, 2013. He was 65.
A memorial service is planned in the near future
He was born May 4, 1947, and was the beloved son of Edwin Penniman and Aletha Seawell Penniman and the cherished brother of Woody and Bertha, all of whom predeceased him.
A native Californian, Richard, together with his wife, Lisa, raised his wonderful family on their small farm in Nevada County. He was an amazing dad, musician and artist.
Richard is survived by his loving wife, Lisa Loper Penniman, and his wonderful children, Julie, Erin, Orion, Starr and Tracie. Richard was deeply loved by his family and will be dearly missed.
In addition to his wife and children, Richard is also survived by his brother, Ray; father in-law, Bernie Loper; brother in law, Dick Halberg, Richard (Pamm) Coleman, Tim Loper, Rob (Peggy) Szchowski; sister-in-law, Mary Agar; his adoring nieces and nephews, Faith Pelayo, Michael Ward, Eric and Deborah Clough and David and Holly Penniman; as well as his grandchildren, Amber, Andrew, Allison and Abigail; and his grandnephews and grandnieces, Riley, Luke, Thea, Elizabeth and Indiana.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death