March 6, 2014
Richard Scott Hoffman passed away at his home in Grass Valley on Feb. 27, 2014. He was 64.
There will be no services at this time, per Richard's request. A celebration of life will be in the summer at his favorite fishing hole.
Richard was born March 6, 1949, in Red Oak, Iowa, to Richard and Annalee Hoffman.
The family moved to Sacramento, Calif., when he was a young boy. After serving in the Marine Corp in Vietnam, he returned to Sacramento, spending the rest of his working life in construction and finally in apartment management.
He is survived by his loving wife, Elaine; daughter, Jamie; granddaughter, Shelbey; his mom; sisters Edie, Phyllis and Marylou; extended family Tracy, Steve and Kevin; sister-in-law, Lynn, and brother-in-law, Loren; five grandsons; three granddaughters; a new great-granddaughter due in May; and his much loved fishing buddy, Riley.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Rideout cuts to save $3 million include cutting ties with Nevada County
- Mural proposed for downtown Grass Valley faces hurdles