Richard Clifton Smith
September 23, 2013
Richard Smith of Portland, Ore., died Sept. 20, 2013. He was 90.
Memorial services will be at 1 p.m. Sept. 28 at the Happy Valley Community Center, 5400 Happy Valley Road, Anderson, Calif.
Richard was born in Alpena, Mich. He served in the U.S. Army for two years. He married the love of his life, Marjorie Postle, Jan. 17, 1948. They moved to California in 1952 after his graduation from University of Detroit.
After losing his wife of 62 years in 2010, Richard moved to Happy Valley, Ore., where he passed away two days after his 90th birthday.
He is survived by his four children, Sandra Turnage, Clifton Smith, Gwen Beck and Stewart Smith; seven grandsons; and 12 great-grandchildren.
He was dearly loved.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier