June 13, 2014
Richard (Rick) Lee Carver passed away in his Cedar Ridge home on May 9, 2014. He was 79.
Rick was born in Oakland in 1935. He spent his high school years on the Carver ranch in Kern County. He graduated from UC Berkeley in 1957.
He was a successful businessman and entrepreneur, enjoyed traveling the world and had visited his beloved Ireland 12 times.
Rick was an avid hunter and fisherman and proudly displayed his African trophies in his home. After suffering a stroke in 1986, Rick retired to his home in Cedar Ridge in 1991. He was a well-known fixture at the Holbrooke Hotel for years and was known to host huge St. Patrick's Day parties.
Rick is survived by his ex-wife, Maureen Carver, and his daughter, Jamie Carver, both of Oakland.
No services will be held.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana