November 7, 2013
Renee Maria Castano passed peacefully away in her Holly Davo Place home in Grass Valley on Oct. 8, 2013. She was 67.
As per her wishes, there will be a private graveside service and in lieu of flowers, a donation may be made to AnimalSave, 520 East Main Street, Grass Valley.
Renee enjoyed being a homemaker; gardening; gold panning; her dog, Destiny; and working at the La Barr Meadows Road Stuff Store that she co-owned with her husband, Marty, in Grass Valley. She was a rock solid San Francisco 49ers fan.
She is survived by her husband, Marty; and her two children, Kim and Everett Whorton.
Renee was preceded in death by her parents, Rod and Paula Thompson, originally from San Francisco, where Renee was born.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed