March 4, 2014
Raymond "Ray" R. Johnson peacefully passed away on Feb. 26, 2014, in Citrus Heights, Calif. He was 79.
A viewing will be at 10 a.m. Thurs., March 6, 2014, at Cochrane & Wagemann, Funeral Directors, 103 Lincoln St., Roseville, Calif. A service is to follow at 11 a.m., also at Cochrane & Wagemann, Funeral Directors. Committal service for Ray will be at the Roseville District Cemetery, 421 Berry St. in Roseville.
Ray was born on May 2, 1934, in Placer County to Raymond and Maude Johnson. A dedicated and hard worker, Ray took great pride in his work. He is a retired sergeant from the California Department of Corrections having worked at Folsom State Prison.
Ray enjoyed bowling, golfing, playing poker and square dancing.
He is survived by his wife, Barbara "Cookie" Johnson; son Raymond "Mike" Johnson Jr.; and numerous loving family members and friends.
Ray is predeceased by both his parents and son, Edward Lee Johnson.
The family extends a special thanks to Robert Creek Villa, specifically Adina, Helen and Mimi, for taking extraordinary care of Ray in his final days.
Please share love and memories on Ray's guestbook at http://www.cochranewagemann.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed