January 11, 2013
Phillip "Pops" J. Lynch passed away peacefully on Dec. 17, 2012, at his residence after a courageous 17-year battle with cancer in the loving arms of his wife Jane. He was 71.
There will be a memorial service at 2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013, at the Abundant Life Church, 10795 Alta St., Grass Valley, CA
Born on Dec. 21, 1940, to Roderick and Cynthia Lynch in Fresno, Calif. He was the oldest of three siblings. Phillip married Jane on Aug. 14,1999, in Nevada City, Calif.
He is survived by his wife, Jane; his children, Jerry and Patrick Lynch, Jody Cousins and Robbin Grimes, Josh Perez Lynch, George, Vincent and Denise De La Vega; 13 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Phillip is preceded in death by his parents, Roderick and Cynthia Lynch, and his brother, Rod.
Phil wanted to express his heartfelt appreciation to Pauline "Mom" Aldrige for all her preaching and to Mark Spooner for the countless hours of sanding and painting his car. Also to Vickie Gomez for her hours of phone therapy. Adios. amigos!
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley (VIDEO)
- Auburn Police arrest attempted kidnap suspect
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)