January 11, 2013
Phillip "Pops" J. Lynch passed away peacefully on Dec. 17, 2012, at his residence after a courageous 17-year battle with cancer in the loving arms of his wife Jane. He was 71.
There will be a memorial service at 2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013, at the Abundant Life Church, 10795 Alta St., Grass Valley, CA
Born on Dec. 21, 1940, to Roderick and Cynthia Lynch in Fresno, Calif. He was the oldest of three siblings. Phillip married Jane on Aug. 14,1999, in Nevada City, Calif.
He is survived by his wife, Jane; his children, Jerry and Patrick Lynch, Jody Cousins and Robbin Grimes, Josh Perez Lynch, George, Vincent and Denise De La Vega; 13 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Phillip is preceded in death by his parents, Roderick and Cynthia Lynch, and his brother, Rod.
Phil wanted to express his heartfelt appreciation to Pauline "Mom" Aldrige for all her preaching and to Mark Spooner for the countless hours of sanding and painting his car. Also to Vickie Gomez for her hours of phone therapy. Adios. amigos!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth