March 12, 2014
Phil Cheney Lamarche went home to be with his Savior on March 3, 2014.
Phil was born on New Year's Day in 1930 in Stamford, Conn. He was 84. His life will be remembered and celebrated by his wife of 64 years, Pam; his daughters and son-in-law Stacey Beadbury and Hilary and Ian Melville; and countless others.
He married his childhood sweetheart, Pam, in May of 1949. They retired to Grass Valley in the mid 1980s, after enjoying a successful real estate career and raising their family in the San Francisco Bay Area, to enjoy the Sierra Foothills. They also enjoyed the sunshine of the Palm Springs area, where Phil started a men's Bible study that continues today.
Phil will also be remembered for his generous gifts of time, talents and energy spent fundraising and serving various local ministries, including The Interfaith Food Ministry and Anew Day Counseling Service.
As a member of "The Greatest Generation," Phil was passionate about his country, his family and the motivation to make the world a better place for others. What a celebration he is enjoying in Heaven with his Creator and all those who have gone before him. "Well done, good and faithful servant." Matt 25:21.
A memorial service will be at 2 p.m., March 30, 2014, at Calvary Bible Church, 11481 State Highway 174 in Grass Valley.
In lieu of flowers, donations to Interfaith Food Ministry or Anew day are preferred.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County