February 20, 2013
Pauline Barbakow of Grass Valley died Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013, at home. She was 98.
A celebration of life will be conducted from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, March 2, 2013, at 690 Woodland Way in Grass Valley. Burial took place at Mt. Sinai in Los Angeles next to her mother.
Mrs. Barbakow was born on Dec. 22, 1914, in Minneapolis, Minn., to Ida Kaplan. She was a member of the Sierra Services for the Blind.
Pauline enjoyed sewing, cooking and entertaining people. She was a mom to all. She babysat several little people after she retired and loved babies and little ones.
She is survived by her daughter, Ilana "Lonnie" McCaffree of Grass Valley; grandchildren, Ryan, Jody and Gannon McCaffree, all of Grass Valley.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Paul Barbakow on Sept. 7, 2010; and mother, Ida Kaplan in 1959.
Memorial contributions may be made to Sierra Services for the Blind.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom