Patricia Diane Bloom
February 5, 2013
Patricia Diane Bloom peacefully passed away Jan. 19 in the compassionate care unit of Hospice of the Foothills. She was 80.
According to Pat's wishes, there will be no service
She was born in Washington D.C., March 16, 1932. Her father was a career Navy man, and Pat spent a lot of her childhood traveling from Bremerton to San Diego and back. She graduated from Hoover High in San Diego and attended San Diego State University. Pat had battled cancer for five years and enjoyed life as much as possible during that time. She especially enjoyed golfing and playing bridge with her buddies, traveling, cruising and playing her guitar. Pat was an accomplished organist and taught many children to play the piano and enjoy music.
She is survived by her husband Kenneth of Lake Wildwood; her son, Kirt, and his wife, Inga of Sacramento; her daughter, Karen, of Sacramento, and her daughter, Kim, of Woodland. She also had grandsons, Collen, Sabastain and Anthony; granddaughter Lindsay.
Pat was predeceased by her brother, Bob, and her youngest daughter, Kris.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Dodge Dakota breaks through wall, sends child sprawling to the floor, mother says
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants