Patricia Diane Bloom
February 5, 2013
Patricia Diane Bloom peacefully passed away Jan. 19 in the compassionate care unit of Hospice of the Foothills. She was 80.
According to Pat's wishes, there will be no service
She was born in Washington D.C., March 16, 1932. Her father was a career Navy man, and Pat spent a lot of her childhood traveling from Bremerton to San Diego and back. She graduated from Hoover High in San Diego and attended San Diego State University. Pat had battled cancer for five years and enjoyed life as much as possible during that time. She especially enjoyed golfing and playing bridge with her buddies, traveling, cruising and playing her guitar. Pat was an accomplished organist and taught many children to play the piano and enjoy music.
She is survived by her husband Kenneth of Lake Wildwood; her son, Kirt, and his wife, Inga of Sacramento; her daughter, Karen, of Sacramento, and her daughter, Kim, of Woodland. She also had grandsons, Collen, Sabastain and Anthony; granddaughter Lindsay.
Pat was predeceased by her brother, Bob, and her youngest daughter, Kris.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton