Obituary of William Owen Hostetter
April 21, 2017
William Owen Hostetter, father, grandfather, great grandfather, brother, uncle, husband, best friend, passed away April 6, 2017.
He was born in Minnesota, on March 8, 1943. He came to California with his parents, brothers and sister before he was 10. Grew up and went to high school in Ojai, California during simpler times.
He married his high school sweetheart and had a son and daughter. He was Baptist by faith, then painter by trade yet he could build or fix anything. He had the fastest motorcycle in town for two years running. Everyone wanted him to work on their stuff, cars, trucks, motorcycles or homes. He lived life on his own terms. In the end he came skidding into home plate at 110 mph saying "wow, what a ride!" I am going to miss the hardest working man I ever met, my POP.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Obituaries
- Fired Forest Lake principal rejects school’s accusations
- New center in Nevada City hoping to have positive impact
- Pair accused in Downieville home invasion held in Nevada County Jail, reports state
- NEVADA UNION ATHLETICS HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2017: Dennis Houlihan
- Nevada City Planning Commission approves housing development