Obituary of Vincent Gutierrez, Sr.
July 19, 2014
Vincent Gutierrez of Nevada City passed away peacefully on Saturday July 12, 2014 at home with his family by his side. He was 67.
Services will be from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Sat. July 26 at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Vincent was born May 30, 1947 in Oakland, Calif. After completing high school, he went into the military. He moved from Petaluma to Grass Valley to enjoy the mountains and the changing seasons. He worked at Nevada County Gold Country Stage as a bus driver for 14 years.
Vincent is survived by his loving wife of 38 years, Jackie; father Andrew Wanko Sr.; brothers, Jews and Andrew Gutierrez, Jr.; children, Raymond (Michelle) Gutierrez and Vincent (Christine) Gutierrez; loving grandchildren, Monique, Nikko, Alex, Sulema, Izabella, Galan, Desirae and Robert.
He was preceded in death by his mom, Alice Wanko of Petaluma, Calif.
He brought joy and laughter to all that met him. He loved to hunt and fish and was an avid outdoorsman.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed