Obituary of Ruby McAtee Rossiter
April 23, 2014
Robina 'Ruby' McAtee Rossiter passed away on April 12, 2014. She was 85.
A Mass of the Resurrection to celebrate Ruby's life was held on Tuesday, April 15, at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Grass Valley, Calif. A private interment will be held at St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery.
She was born Dec. 19, 1928, in Hurlford, Scotland, to John and Mary McAtee.
Ruby married John "Jack" Rossiter on Nov. 17, 1956, at St Anne's Catholic Church in San Francisco.
Ruby was a loving wife and mother. She was actively involved with St. Patrick's Catholic Parish in Grass Valley, which included participation in the Catholic Ladies Relief Society.
Ruby is survived by her husband, John Rossiter of Penn Valley, Calif.; sons Michael Rossiter of Grass Valley and Kevin Rossiter of San Jose, Calif.; grandchildren Sean, Neil, Marie and Aoife Rossiter; sisters May and Betty; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; brother, Andrew; and sisters Kathy and Rita.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death