Obituary of Robert Nicholls
June 4, 2014
Robert Alan "Bob" Nicholls died on May 26, 2014, of complications related to bipolar depression. He was 61.
A memorial service will be at 5 p.m., June 9, at the Abundant Life Community Church, 10795 Alta St. in Grass Valley.
Bob was born in Oakland, Calif., on July 4, 1952. A Nevada Union graduate, he attended two years at the University of Colorado, Boulder with aspirations of a career in the aerospace field.
Bob was the owner of Gra-Neva Appliance Service, which specialized in the repair of major appliances. Bob was a life member of the Nevada County Sportsmens Club, was an expert marksman and enjoyed competing in high power competitions. Bob also enjoyed building models of all kinds but especially vintage war ships. His son Stephen will remember his dad for his love of aviation and firearms, which Stephen now enjoys. Daniel will remember his father for passing on his love of science and mechanics.
He is survived by his mother, Gail Martin; wife, Josie; sons Stephen and Daniel Nicholls; and brothers Glen and Ken Nicholls.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Nevada County prosecutor: Child sex suspect caught at airport
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car