Obituary of Robert Nicholls
June 4, 2014
Robert Alan "Bob" Nicholls died on May 26, 2014, of complications related to bipolar depression. He was 61.
A memorial service will be at 5 p.m., June 9, at the Abundant Life Community Church, 10795 Alta St. in Grass Valley.
Bob was born in Oakland, Calif., on July 4, 1952. A Nevada Union graduate, he attended two years at the University of Colorado, Boulder with aspirations of a career in the aerospace field.
Bob was the owner of Gra-Neva Appliance Service, which specialized in the repair of major appliances. Bob was a life member of the Nevada County Sportsmens Club, was an expert marksman and enjoyed competing in high power competitions. Bob also enjoyed building models of all kinds but especially vintage war ships. His son Stephen will remember his dad for his love of aviation and firearms, which Stephen now enjoys. Daniel will remember his father for passing on his love of science and mechanics.
He is survived by his mother, Gail Martin; wife, Josie; sons Stephen and Daniel Nicholls; and brothers Glen and Ken Nicholls.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana