Obituary of Richard Wixon
July 21, 2014
Richard Phillip Wixon passed away on July 17, 2014. He was 76.
Funeral Services will be held at Peace Lutheran Church on Friday, July 25 at 1 p.m. Gravesides services will follow at St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetery in Chicago Park.
Richard was born March 1, 1938 in Sumerville, Mass.
On July 6, 1959, Richard married Carlotta in Los Gatos, Calif.
Richard worked for the Campbell Fire and Police Departments.
He enjoyed logging competitions, motorcycles and fishing.
Richard is survived by his wife, Carolotta; son, Donald Wixon; grandsons, Patrick (Celeste) Wixon and Cody Sagan; granddaughter; Sarah Thompson; mother-in-law, Gertode Paul; three grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his daughter, Suzanne Sagan and parents, Arthur and Mary Wixon.
Memorial contributions can be sent to PIRS (Placer Independent Resource Services) – Wixon Fund, 11768 Atwood Road Suite 29, Auburn, CA 95603.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later