Obituary of Patricia Hurba
July 17, 2014
Our beloved Patricia Ann Hurba left us due to congestive heart failure on July 13, 2014 at 10 p.m. to be closer to her angels.
A local memorial service will be announced at a later date. A memorial service will be held at the Presbyterian Church in Harvard, Ill. on Saturday, July 26.
Patricia was born March 1, 1945 in Chicago, Ill. to John and Sally Humanski. Raised in Chicago, she attended St. Josaphats High School and beauty school. She had two children, Laura and Russell with her first marriage and then moved to Grass Valley in 1980. She married Joe Hurba in Reno March 20, 1988.
She was a homemaker and hair beautician who loved to cook, garden, watch TV, collect teddy bears and do crafts.
Patricia is survived by her husband, Joe; sons, Russell and Joseph; daughter, Laura and son-in-law, Herman Lucy; five grandchildren, Christine, Kimberly, Neal, Robert and Christina; brother, Bob; two sisters-in-law and a brother-in-law and numerous cousins, nieces and nephews in the Chicago area and many, many close friends.
She was preceded in death by her brother, Don; mother, Sally and father, John Humanski.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to American Heart Association or Arthritis Foundation.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business