Obituary of Norman Koehler
April 23, 2014
Norman Koehler went to be with the Lord on March 4, 2014, in Sacramento, Calif. He was 74.
Norman was born Nov. 29, 1939, in San Diego, Calif., to Helen and Herman Koehler. Norman was a longtime resident of Westview Healthcare Center in Auburn, Calif. Before that, he resided in the Grass Valley Convalescent Hospital in Grass Valley, Calif.
Norman will be forever remembered for his love of Jesus, family and friends. His hobbies included astronomy and anything about dinosaurs. He had many wonderful years of living with his parents in back of his dad's Union Hill Store, circa 1950s through the 1970s. He loved gardening with his father; outdoor adventures with his niece, Sharron; going to church; and family. He adored his siblings, Gloria, Helen, Ida, Wallace, Fred and Frank.
He is survived by sisters Helen and Gloria; brothers Fred and Wallace; and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Herman and Helen Koehler; sister, Ida Koehler; and nephew, Dennis Handsaker.
Friends may visit Redmens Cemetery in Grass Valley. Donations can be sent to the Nevada County Association for Developmentally Disabled, P.O. Box 112, in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later