Obituary of Matthew Cain
June 13, 2014
Matthew Allen Cain of Austin, Texas, formerly of Grass Valley, Calif., passed away unexpectedly on May 27, 2014. He was 34.
A memorial service will be at 4 p.m. on Sat., June 14 at Western Gateway Park in Penn Valley.
He was born in Austin, Texas, on Jan. 2, 1980, to Jeffrey G. Johnson and Lori Allyn Cain.
Matt proudly served his country in the United States Marine Corps, serving a tour of duty in Iraq.
Matt is survived by his daughter, Syreena Cain of Calif.; father Jeff Johnson of Austin, Texas; sisters Shea Johnson, Andrea Wilson-Smith and Cori and Brandon Bergeron, all of Grass Valley; stepsister Jessica and Zachary Potts of Pflugerville, Texas; grandparents Allen and Maud Cain of Burnet, Texas, James Winn and Lu Ella Johnson; aunts Jeanne and James Ayers, Cindy and David Brown, Sandy and Bruce Taylor, Kerri Qunell, Cirstan Hobbs and uncle Jason Qunell; cousins DJ Garza, Jeremy Ayers, Brodie Brown, Clayton Taylor, Janelle Taylor, Avery Qunell, Scarlet Hobbs, Nolan Wynn and Wesley Wynn; and nieces, nephews and many friends.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Lori Cain; stepmother Cindy Johnson; aunt Theresa Johnson and uncle Warren Wynn.
This world will never be the same without you, Matt.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Water and compliance issues bring cannabis advocates, county officials to the table