Obituary of Mary Hund
May 30, 2014
Mary Elizabeth (Gunter) Hund went to be with her Lord Jesus Christ on May 10, 2014, surrounded by her family. She was 82.
Mary was born in Globe, Ariz., on Oct. 1, 1931, to Ed and Irene Gunter. In 1934, her parents moved the family to Grass Valley where Mary attended Grass Valley's historic schools.
She lived in Nevada County and Auburn most of her young adult years. She then met David Hund and they married in 1967 and made Rocklin, Calif., their home.
Mary's LVN nursing skills, artistic talents, subtle wit, smile and life faded away due to Alzheimer's disease. She is loved and missed.
She is survived by her children, Bonnie (Eugene) Davis, Barry (Sally) Lawrence, Sharon hays and Susan (Michael) Hufford and 10 grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild. She is also survived by her sisters, Etta Williams and June Sherwood and many nieces and nephews.
Mary will be interred next to her parents at Chapel of the Hills Cemetery in Auburn.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball