Obituary of Mary Helen Hallman
July 30, 2014
Mary Helen Hallman passed away on July 25, 2014. She was 92.
She was born Jan. 4, 1922 in Cincinnati, Ohio to Henry and Isabella Dawn.
Mary received an AA degree in Ventura, Calif.
She was a retired postmaster in Sierra City and a lifelong member of the Order of the Eastern Star.
Mary is survived by her daughter, Joan Odum of Sierra City; grandsons, Tom (Jane) Walker of Arcadia and Steven Walker of Renton, Washington; great grandsons, Connor, Charles and Ryan Walker of Arcadia; nephews, Albert (Sharon) Brehm and Bob Brehm of Grass Valley and niece, Alice Querequincia of Grass Valley.
She was preceded in death by first husband, Stanley Hunter; second husband, Harold Hallman and brother, John Dawn.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers