Obituary of Mary Helen Hallman
July 30, 2014
Mary Helen Hallman passed away on July 25, 2014. She was 92.
She was born Jan. 4, 1922 in Cincinnati, Ohio to Henry and Isabella Dawn.
Mary received an AA degree in Ventura, Calif.
She was a retired postmaster in Sierra City and a lifelong member of the Order of the Eastern Star.
Mary is survived by her daughter, Joan Odum of Sierra City; grandsons, Tom (Jane) Walker of Arcadia and Steven Walker of Renton, Washington; great grandsons, Connor, Charles and Ryan Walker of Arcadia; nephews, Albert (Sharon) Brehm and Bob Brehm of Grass Valley and niece, Alice Querequincia of Grass Valley.
She was preceded in death by first husband, Stanley Hunter; second husband, Harold Hallman and brother, John Dawn.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans