Obituary of Margot Buchholz
October 9, 2017
Margot Buchholz passed away in her sleep at home on October 3, 2017. She was 88.
Margot was born on November 1, 1928 to Albert and Martha Geismar in Braunschweig, Germany.
On June 4, 1949 she was married to Kurt Buchholz.
Kurt and Margot and their 1-year old son, Hans, immigrated to Oakland, California, and moved to Grass Valley in 1970.
Margot enjoyed playing bridge, was a Lioness and Pink Lady as Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. She was also a lifetime member of the Hermanson Lodge in Berkley, California.
She will be missed by all.
Margot was survived by son Hans (Rosemary) Buchholz of Cedar Ridge; daughter Mona (Steve) Borgnis of Grass Valley; grandchildren Cyndi (Josh), Jesse (Nina), Tracy (Dawn), Cristie (Nick); great-grandchildren Jacob, Justin, Dylan, Caden, Mikayla, Riley, and twins Lucy and Luke.
Preceded in death by husband Kurt Buchholz in 2010 and brother Wolfgang Geissmar in August 2017.
Arrangements are under the care of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house