Obituary of Leonard Forte
July 28, 2014
Leonard Forte, a wonderful husband, father and grandfather passed away suddenly of a heart attack on July 22, 2014.
No services are planned.
Leonard was born in Brooklyn, N.Y. to Mario and Angela Forte. In his fourteenth year, the family moved to Canoga Park, Calif. He joined the U.S. Army in 1967 and was honorably discharged as a First Lieutenant.
For the next two and a half years, Leonard travelled from Amsterdam to India and places between, returning home with a wealth of stories, often dangerous, daring and delightful adventures. He and his cousin, Frank Torre opened Head Gear on Ventura Blvd., one of the first head shops in Southern Calif. Thirty-nine years ago, he found Nevada County and never left.
He is survived by his wife, Susan Forte; daughter, Morgan Best; beloved grandson, James Best; his mother, Angela Forte; sister, Roxanne Johnson and her family and many others who loved him.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public