Obituary of Leonard Forte
July 29, 2014
Leonard Forte, a wonderful husband, father and grandfather passed away suddenly of a heart attack on July 22, 2014.
No services are planned.
Leonard was born in Brooklyn, N.Y. to Mario and Angela Forte. In his fourteenth year, the family moved to Canoga Park, Calif. He joined the U.S. Army in 1967 and was honorably discharged as a First Lieutenant.
For the next two and a half years, Leonard travelled from Amsterdam to India and places between, returning home with a wealth of stories, often dangerous, daring and delightful adventures. He and his cousin, Frank Torre opened Head Gear on Ventura Blvd., one of the first head shops in Southern Calif. Thirty-nine years ago, he found Nevada County and never left.
He is survived by his wife, Susan Forte; daughter, Morgan Best; beloved grandson, James Best; his mother, Angela Forte; sister, Roxanne Johnson and her family and many others who loved him.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car
- Auburn Police arrest attempted kidnap suspect