Obituary of Leola Andre
August 25, 2014
Leola "Lee" Mae Andre passed away in Grass Valley on Aug. 16, 2014. She was 100.
Lee was born in Republic, Wash., on Aug. 14, 1914, to Milton and Hazel Albright. At a very early age, her family moved to Auburn, Calif., where she resided at the family ranch for 20 years.
Lee was married for 75 years to Joseph R. Andre of Lincoln, Calif. They had one son, Joseph R. Andre Jr.
She is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, Fran; grandson Steve Andre and wife Pam; and grandson Keith Andre and wife Chelsea.
She also leaves behind four great-grandchildren, Madison, Jack, Lucy and Pete; two sisters; a sister-in-law; and many nieces and nephews.
Her philosophy about life was everything in moderation, live simply and always keep reading and learning. These traits, which served her well, were shared with six siblings and her immediate family.
Lee was wonderful in all possible ways and will be greatly missed.
Per her wishes, there will be no service.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum