Obituary of Kevin Carey
June 19, 2017
Kevin Carey, a beloved father, grandfather, brother, uncle and friend passed away unexpectedly on May 25, 2017 in Dobbins, CA. He was 62.
He was born on October 8, 1954 to Bernalee Morris and William Carey in Grass Valley, CA.
Kevin was raised in the Nevada County area with his surviving siblings, Terri Newman, Cameron Robertson, Rovilla Kemp and Courtney Robertson. He worked at Sierra Mountain Mill and was a truck driver for Mountain Peoples Warehouse.
He was a simple man. He enjoyed spending time with his family and friends, working in his garden for hours on end, hot summer days at the river and making people laugh. He will be greatly missed.
He is survived by his four siblings; his children, Kevin (Sheri) Carey of Modesto, Krisanne (Marshall) Olson of Nevada City, Isaiah Carey of Oregon House, Amanda Carey (Curtis) Cameron of Nevada City, Kyle Carey of Grass Valley; and his grandchildren Shane Shepard, Ryan Willingham, Alexis Shepard, Joshua Dickerson, Jessica Dickerson, Austin Goodrich, Bradley Cameron and Iris Olson.
He was preceded in death by his mother Bernalee Morris and his father William Carey and granddaughter Althea Olson.
A celebration of life potluck will be held at 12 p.m., on July 8 at in Camptonville, Ca at 16042 Creekside Trail. Open to all that knew and loved him.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)