Obituary of Keith Hysom
June 20, 2014
Keith Monroe Hysom died June 9, 2014, at the Hospice Compassionate Care Home in Grass Valley, surrounded by loving family. He was 75.
Keith was born in 1939 in the City of Orange, Calif. and raised in Anaheim, Calif. He attended Fullerton J.C.
He married his wife and, after seven years, moved to Alta Sierra where they lived and raised their two children, Darryl and Sheri.
They lived in the same home for 39 years.
He was an avid supporter of the sports that both his children participated in. Until his health prevented it, Keith loved playing golf and cards with his club buddies.
His biggest priority and love was his wife and children. Keith's favorite place, other than his home, was Yosemite National Park, where even when he couldn't walk the distance, would sit and watch rock climbers and admire the falls.
Keith is survived by his wife, Carol; son Darryl; daughter-in-law Tara; daughter Sheri; and many cousins, nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Fay Hysom; father Paul Hysom; and sister Sandy Greer.
Keith will be missed by everyone including family and friends who enjoyed his keen sense of humor. He was always helping others in need in his kind and loving ways.
Contributions can be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum