Obituary of Katie Elizabeth Sherwood
May 18, 2017
Katie Elizabeth Sherwood passed away peacefully December 11, 2016. She was 82.
Katie was born in Atlanta, Georgia to Jane (Cartledge) and Harold Keith. As the daughter of an engineer, her family moved around to many places during her childhood. The family moved to California in 1946 when her father was employed to work on projects such as the Folsom Dam. Katie remained in California the rest of her life. In 1976, she moved to Selma, CA, where she met and married her dear husband, Reverend Robert Sherwood.
Katie was an accomplished artist in a variety of mediums and brought joy to all who knew her with the beauty of her art. Katie was the most loving mother and grandmother that a family could hope for. Her sweet loving spirit will be sorely missed by all her family and friends.
She is survived by her daughters, Carrie (Brian) Sweeney and Dorie (Mark) Low; sons Dan (Carol) Sherwood and Scott (Robbie) Sherwood; 11 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her husband Bob Sherwood, who passed away on February 23, 2016; sister Janet Lee; cousin Mary Webber; and sons David Watkins and Todd Sherwood.
A celebration of Katie's life will be held at 12 p.m., on Saturday May 27 at the Elks Lodge at 518 Hwy 49 in Nevada City.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local