Obituary of Kathryn Naughton
May 6, 2014
Kathryn Patricia Naughton passed away May 4, 2014, in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 70.
Funeral services will be at 10 a.m., Friday, May 9, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary. Graveside services will follow at Sierra Memorial Lawn Cemetery.
She was born in Monterey Park, Calif., on Oct.17, 1943. She graduated from George Washington High School in 1961. She pursued a degree in the medical field. At the age of 48, she returned to school where she received her nursing degree as an LVN. Kathy raised her family in Sebastopol, Calif. She and her husband, Dan, retired to Grass Valley in 2006.
Kathy enjoyed spending time with her family and friends, traveling and camping. She had a passion for learning. At the age of 60, she completed the Squaw Valley Mountain Hike.
She will be missed by all of her family and many friends whose lives she touched and inspired.
She is survived by her daughters, Karen (Michael) Carpenter, Lynn (Brandon) Warner and Christine (Michael) Forestier; eight grandchildren; and one great-granddaughter.
She is preceded in death by her beloved husband of 51 years and best friend, Daniel Naugton.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Sierra Nevada Memorial Cancer Center.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo