Obituary of Joy Garcia
June 13, 2014
Joy DeAnne (Wilcox) Garcia passed away June 3, 2014. She was 54.
A celebration of life will be at 2 p.m. July 6 at Whispering Pines Church of God.
Joy was born May 9, 1960 in Grass Valley, Calif., to Jack and Vangie Wilcox.
Joy was a lifetime resident of Nevada County and graduated from Nevada Union High School in 1978.
Her life revolved around her three daughters and four grandchildren. Joy attended Whispering Pines Church of God most of her life.
Joy is survived by her mother, Vangie Wilcox; brothers Jay (Sally) Wilcox and Tony (Diane) Wilcox; sister Kelli (Ed) Mace; daughters Heather (Tim) Griffin, Lauren (Eric) Dodge, and Kelsey Garcia; and grandchildren Jacob and Alexis Griffin and Brian and Jackson Dodge. She is also survived by her husband, Andy Garcia. She has seven nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her father, Jack Wilcox.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Chase Bank or the church.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier