Obituary of Joy Garcia
June 13, 2014
Joy DeAnne (Wilcox) Garcia passed away June 3, 2014. She was 54.
A celebration of life will be at 2 p.m. July 6 at Whispering Pines Church of God.
Joy was born May 9, 1960 in Grass Valley, Calif., to Jack and Vangie Wilcox.
Joy was a lifetime resident of Nevada County and graduated from Nevada Union High School in 1978.
Her life revolved around her three daughters and four grandchildren. Joy attended Whispering Pines Church of God most of her life.
Joy is survived by her mother, Vangie Wilcox; brothers Jay (Sally) Wilcox and Tony (Diane) Wilcox; sister Kelli (Ed) Mace; daughters Heather (Tim) Griffin, Lauren (Eric) Dodge, and Kelsey Garcia; and grandchildren Jacob and Alexis Griffin and Brian and Jackson Dodge. She is also survived by her husband, Andy Garcia. She has seven nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her father, Jack Wilcox.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Chase Bank or the church.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana