Obituary of John Petersen
July 29, 2014
Our beloved John passed into God's keeping Saturday, July 26, 2014 with his family at his side.
At his request, there will a private, family memorial.
He was a loving, gentle man who was born January 24, 1928 in Detroit, Mich. to John and Eleanor Petersen. He had three sisters and one brother, all who preceded him in death.
He fell in love with and married Florence. Together they created a loving family of three daughters, Sherri Acree, Tera Petersen and Tracey Petersen; one son, Jon Petersen and had four grandchildren.
John graduated from the University of Illinois with a mechanical engineer degree. He worked at Sundstrand Aviation for 40 years. He retired to Penn Valley, from Rockford, Ill. where he and his wife enjoyed the people, scenery and many activities.
He was an amazing husband, father, grandfather and uncle. One of his passions was traveling the world with his family. This provided lots of wonderful memories. We will miss you and you will always be in our hearts and memories. We will always love you.
Donations in John's memory may be made to Helping Hands, P.O. Box 309, Penn Valley, CA 95946 or Hospice of the Foothills, 11270 Rough & Ready Highway, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier