Obituary of Joan Chung
July 10, 2014
Joan Bernice Chung passed away in Grass Valley, Calif., on July 2, 2014. She was 86.
A small gathering of friends and family will celebrate her life, but no formal service is being held. Condolences can be directed to Rosalie McLarty at 432 Henderson St,, Grass Valley, CA 95945 and Ramona Richardson at 3310 Fox Hollow Road, Lincoln, NE 68506.
Joan was born on Aug. 24, 1927, in Wichita, Kan. She spent over 30 years as a nurse at the clinic now called the Wallace County Family Practice in Sharon Springs, Kan., retiring in 1991 to Lincoln, Neb., with her husband, Dr. John Chung. Joan is survived by her dog, Harry; half-sister, Vicki Dodson; half-brothers Charlie Leslie and Ted Leslie; daughters Ramona Richardson and Rosalie McLarty; nine grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Joan's compassion for animals could not be ignored, and as a result, in lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to AnimalSave at http://www.animalsave.org or P.O. Box 817, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site