Obituary of Jimmy Calderon
May 5, 2014
Jimmy Calderon passed away April 27, 2014, surrounded by his family. He was 77.
A memorial service will take place this summer.
Jimmy was born April 9, 1937, to Davis and Grace Calderon in San Fernando, Calif. He was the youngest of four children.
His family helped establish the San Fernando Valley and Lopez Adobe in the 1800s.
He graduated from San Fernando High School and married his high School sweetheart, Judy.
They had two daughters, Jamie and Suzy. He worked for Hostess Cakes for 25 years and then retired to Grass Valley, Calif., in February of 1985, shortly after his first daughter moved to the area, so the entire family could be together again.
Jimmy loved fishing, camping, antiquing and being surrounded by his friends and family.
Jimmy will be missed by all but is now with his beloved wife, Judy.
He is survived by daughters, Jamie Chamberlin and Suzy Crabtree; son-in-law Rick Crabtree; grandchildren Josh Chamberlin, Mandy Chamberlin and Ryan Crabtree; great-grandson Blaik Chamberlin; brother Dave Calderon of Hawaii; and sister Pat Hughes of Ventura.
Jimmy was preceded in death by his wife Judy; and sister Jean Anderson.
In lieu of flowers, please send contributions to the American Diabetes Association.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location