Obituary of Hans E. Ronningen
April 2, 2014
Hans Ronningen died March 21, 2014 at home in Nevada City. He was 79.
A celebration of life will be at 1 p.m. on Sat., May 3 at the Nevada County Horseman's Lodge, 10600 Bubbling Wells Rd. in Grass Valley.
Hans was born Feb. 6, 1935 in Hendricks, Minn. to Ole and Signe Ronningen. The family moved to Nevada City, Calif. in 1936. He graduated Nevada Union High School in 1954. He served in the Army from 1955 to 1957 and the Army Reserve until 1963. He worked for Southern Pacific Land Company from 1957 to 1984. He then worked at the Santa Fe Pacific Timber Company from 1985 to 1988. He retired in 1988.
Hans enjoyed his retirement working in his yard, restoring old cars, taking trips to Reno and jigsaw puzzles. But most of all, he loved rolling dice with his buddies in downtown Nevada City.
He is survived by his daughter, Lori (Matthew) Spoto of Nevada City; granddaughter, Logan Spoto of Grass Valley; brothers, Ole of Oroville and Kenneth of San Leandro; sister, Sonja Nettles of Grass Valley and many nieces and nephews.
Hans was preceded in death by his parents; brothers, Sverre, Melvin, Norman, Roy and Howard and sisters, June and Arlene.
He will be dearly missed. Rest in peace, Dad. I love you.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier