Obituary of Gerald Trainor
June 19, 2017
Gerald Trainor is remembered with love and sorrow since his crossing over June 17, 2016. He was born in Tadavna County Meath Ireland, on December 11, 1950. He spent his childhood there and later in Belfast. He emigrated with his parents Eugene and Christina Trainor, sister Gemma, brothers Eamon, James, Angelo to Los Angeles in 1962. He finished school in El Segundo and worked at Ralph's. He married Kari Gaul and later divorced. He moved to Lake Wildwood to raise sons Rory, Noah and Brennan. Gerald loved nature, especially beaches, music, good conversation, laughing, wordplay, history, abundant garage sales and gold and silver coins.
He moved to North San Juan near Ananda where he could tend roses and plants and teach his sons to live on the land. He was gentle, charming, witty, a hard worker, a great cook, a tender father. Despite his lifelong depression, he tried to embody the hippie code of peace and love. He died in a fire on his property. After five years marked by throat cancer surgeries and treatment, his suffering is over. He leaves behind his sons, sister Gemma Gorby of Paonia, CO., brother Eamon Trainor of Mesquite, NV and brother Jim Trainor of El Segundo and partner Kathryn Smith of Grass Valley. He is happy now. His beautiful sons carry his twinkle and feistiness.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)