Obituary of Geni Reid
March 25, 2014
Geni Reid Geni passed away quietly at home on March 21, 2014.
A celebration of life will be held on March 28, 2014, at the United Methodist Church of Grass Valley at 11 a.m.
Geni was born Dec. 16, 1927; to Earl and Jodie Dixon in Nashville, Ark. She then moved to Leonard, Texas, and lived with her family there until she entered the U.S. Air Force and served as a WAF in 1948.
She met Richard Miller of Grass Valley and they were married in June 1950. The Millers returned to Grass Valley in 1965 upon Maj. Miller's retirement from the Air Force. After Ret. Maj. Miller's death, Geni married Wally Reid in 1984. Geni is survived by Linda Phelps and Jeannie Miller of Grass Valley; son-in-law, David Phelps; granddaughters Lily and Maddie Phelps of Grass Valley; and wonderful nieces, nephews and friends.
Geni Reid is preceded in death by her parents, Earl and Jodie Dixon of Leonard, Texas; husbands Richard Miller and Wally Reid; sister, Alyene "Dixie" Orsini; and brothers John "Buck" and James Dixon.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Meals on Wheels and the Interfaith Food Ministry.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball