Obituary of Claudia Prophet
June 13, 2014
Claudia Beatrice Evans Prophet slipped into the arms of Jesus on June 5, 2014, at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. She was 84.
A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. June 21 at Abundant Life Community Church, 10795 Alta St., Grass Valley, Calif.
Claudia was born Nov. 20, 1929, in Peoria, Ariz., to Oscar Evans and Lizzie Pearl Tindle.
She was united in marriage to Elden Prophet on June 10, 1953. They were blessed to have 59 wonderful years together.
More than 50 of those years were spent in their Penn Valley home raising cattle, gardening, fishing and camping with church family and friends at lakes or on the coast of Oregon, always side by side.
Claudia loved being outside. She loved tending her many roses, working in her yard or vegetable garden or just watching the birds at her many feeders. Canning and sewing were two of her many talents.
She is survived by her daughter, Cynthia Louise Martin; son-in-law Vincent Joseph Martin; grandsons Ashton Elden Martin and Landon Vincent Martin; and sister Hattie Roberts.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Elden Prophet; siblings Leanard Evans, Lonzo Evans, Rube Evans, Elva May Evans, Roberta Evans, Ralph Herring and Betty Jean Herring Loduca.
Claudia was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and friend. She will be greatly missed by all.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)