Obituary of Charles William (Bill) Dickey Jr.
March 17, 2017
Charles William (Bill) Dickey Jr. passed away in Auburn, on March 10, 2017. He was 75.
He was born on Sept. 15, 1941, in Seward, AK.
Bill joined the United States Army and served during the Vietnam War. He worked for 20 years as an executive in the pharmaceutical industry for Roche, Syntex and Systemix. He was a long-time resident of Los Altos, CA, with his final years spent in Grass Valley, CA, where he owned and operated a successful real estate magazine. He spent his last years enjoying his retirement.
Bill is survived by his wife of 32 years Joy (Chase) Dickey; daughters, Heather (Libby Kava) Hartter-Kava, Andrea (Beth McBride) Casalett and Chandra Matlow; grandkids, Michael Hartter and Dylan Jacob Matlow and Mackenzie Matlow; as well as sister Pamela Sikes.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Vera and Charles William (Bill) Dickey Sr.
His ashes will be scattered quietly in the San Francisco Bay at his request.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County authorities say missing girl is found in Combie Road honey oil bust
- Gang member hits victim with gun in downtown Grass Valley, police say
- 19-year-olds take ownership of Paradise Donuts
- Grass Valley police say threats led to altercation, arrest on Sutton Way
- Former Nevada Union student killed in Ojai rollover crash