Obituary of Charles Staples
August 15, 2014
Charles F. Staples died August 3, 2014 in a care home in Yuba City, Calif. He was 79.
There will be a family service at the gravesite at greenwood Cemetery on Aug. 27 at 10 a.m.
Charles was born July 20, 1035 in Grass valley to Charles and Vivian (Coombs) Staples. He attended high school in Marysville. Early on, he did ranch work and worked for the Department of Transportation in the winter months. This is when he met his wife, Dorothy. They were married in the 1950's. Charles then started logging, his life's ambition. He and Dorothy moved to Wyoming for a few years then moved to Anderson, Calif., to log and purchase timber sales.
He is survived by his brother, Robert Staples of Penn Valley; sister, Fay Wales of Grass Valley; nephew, Dale Wales of Grass Valley and niece, Valerie Wagenknecht of Petaluma.
Charles was preceded in death by his wife, Dorothy and nephews, Ron Staples and Ed Wales.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo