Obituary of Chad Cox
April 28, 2014
Chad passed away at home on April 22, 2014. He was 39. His ashes will be scattered in the ocean off the Kaanapali Coast on Maui, Hawaii, at a later date.
Chad was the loving son of Ben and Violet Cox. He was born on Aug. 3, 1974.
Chad loved music. He played in several local bands and was able to go ontour in his younger years. Chad lived his life for his sons, Simon Cox, age 17, and Jaylen Cox, age 12. They were everything to him. Chad also leaves behind his loving sister, Sandy Cox-McFarlin, and her husband Brian; his amazing nephew, Greden McFarlin; and beautiful niece, Avery McFarlin. Chad also left behind his uncle, Doug Wirtz; and aunt and uncle, Tom and Linda Cox. He left behind numerous other relatives, as well as many friends.
Chad was preceded in death by his cousin, Amy Lynn Wirtz-Herrera.
Chad left us too early. He still had so much to do and to give. He will always be remembered for his loving ways, his love of life, his caring and for giving his friendship so freely to everyone. He will be missed by all.
Memorial contributions may be made to the children's charity of your choice.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire