Obituary of Carolyn Glithero
April 25, 2014
Carolyn Mary (Best) Glithero, loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, peacefully left us April 18, 2014. She was 90.
A service will be at 10 a.m. on Friday, May 2, at Indian Springs Cemetery in Penn Valley, Calif.
Carolyn was born Nov. 27, 1923, in New York, New York. She served in the Marine Corps and was honorably discharged as a corporal.
Throughout her life, she loved fishing, camping and gardening. She enjoyed wildlife, especially humming birds. She loved her family and friends, knitting, playing cards and telling stories.
She always had a warm smile and a positive attitude. She will be greatly missed.
Carolyn is survived by her son, John "Pat" (Sue) Glithero of Redwood City, Calif.; daughter, Ann (Joe) Gilberg of Grass Valley; daughter, Mary Baron of Grass Valley; eight grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her son, Mark Glithero; and daughter, Linda Glithero.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Sammie's Friends.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council