Obituary of Bonna Lanyon
June 20, 2014
Bonna Ruth Lanyon, 80, passed away on June 10, 2014.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, June 16 at the New Elm Ridge Cemetery on Kidder Lane, Grass Valley, Calif..
Bonna was born Feb. 7, 1934, to Wallace and Ruth Tucker.
Bonna was an active presence in the Grass Valley community. She lived in the local area all her adult life and raised her children in the area.
Her main passion was bowling, which she had done for many years and received many awards and acknowledgments.
She loved crocheting, gardening, cooking, sports and Sunday bingo.
She has now earned her wings and will be missed by family and friends. Rest peacefully, Mom, your presence, guidance and love will always be with us.
Bonna is survived by daughters, Bonnie Kindice of Roseville and Debra Skewes of Grass Valley; granddaughters Angela Gale of Sacramento and Heather Howard of San Diego; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, John, and beloved grandson Curtis Skewes.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed