Obituary of Betty Goforth
August 25, 2014
Betty Jean Goforth joined the Lord on Aug. 21, 2014.
Graveside services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 28, at Sierra Memorial Lawn Cemetery, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City. Pastor Charles Smith will be officiating.
Betty was raised in Omaha and married her husband, Derald Goforth, on May 31, 1942.
They moved to Vallejo where they raised their three children, James, Sandra and Jeffry.
Betty was a homemaker most of her married life. She was active in square dancing, sewing clubs, the Ladies of the Elks, ceramics and church.
She and her husband moved to Nevada City over 30 years ago until Derald's death. Betty then moved to Huntington Beach six years ago to be with her daughter where she passed.
Beside her three children, Betty is survived by four grandchildren, Todd Hardy, Shanna Lally, Lacey and Lyndsey Goforth; a great-granddaughter Kelsy; and two great-grandsons, Gavin and Justin; and many nieces and nephews.
Besides her parents and husband, she is preceded in passing by two sisters and seven brothers.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say