Obituary of Anne Wright
November 29, 2016
Anne Wright, long time resident of Grass Valley passed on Sept. 23, 2016 in Dana Point.
She was born in 1926 in South Pasadena. Anne attended Scripps College and University of California, Berkeley. Mother of three, she was a resident of Orange County for 45 years raising her family. She was a founder and force in the growth and development of Human Options, a shelter for abused and battered women that has received national attention due to its outstanding community outreach programs and residential housing. Human Options, its founders and Board of Directors have a vision that has changed the lives of thousands of women and their families. In 1985 Anne moved to Grass Valley and continued her involvement in the local community. A strong supporter and former Board Member of Music in the Mountains, Anne opened her home for community and fund raising events at the drop of a hat. Her beautiful home and garden was known for its amazing setting, creek and abundance of flowers, vegetation and ambiance.
Anne leaves behind three children Susanne, Lynne and John along with their spouses and families and her sister and brother in law; Jim and Mary Stradinger of Grass Valley. Grandmother to eight and great-grandmother to five, Anne was loved and will be missed.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist was thrown into utility pole, CHP states
- Nevada County home invasion leads to arrests, authorities say
- Homeless man dying of cancer finally gets long-term care in Grass Valley
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist dies after Rough and Ready Highway wreck
- Nevada County prosecutors say review of Hollitz cases could take months, 60-80 cases could be impacted