Obituary of Andrew Mabey
June 2, 2014
Andrew Jon Mabey passed away on Thursday, May 22, 2014, at Mercy San Juan Hospital.
A celebration of life will be from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, June 8 at the Peace Lutheran Church on East Main Street.
Andy was born in Burbank, Calif., on Jan. 8, 1954, and moved to Grass Valley with his family when he was 2. He attended local schools and graduated from Nevada Union High School in 1972.
Through his work at Hockett Auto Sales and Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital, he touched many lives and will be missed by all.
He is survived by his daughter, Rachel Mabey; son Zachary Mabey; sisters Nancy Goodrich, Anita Mabey and Joyce Murphy; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Andy was preceded in death by his parents, Charles Nelson and Ida Minnie Mabey.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to your favorite local charity.
Arrangements are under direction of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier