Obituary for Tim West
July 31, 2014
Timothy Scott West died July 23, 2014 of heart disease after complications from a motorcycle accident on July 6. He was 64.
A memorial service and celebration of life will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 10 at the Elks Lodge, 109 South School Street in Grass Valley.
Tim was born April 12, 1950, to Robert and Bonnie West in San Jose where he graduated from Branham High School in 1968.
As a youth he loved surfing, music, motorcycles and cars. Muscle cars were his passion and he developed a detailed knowledge of these great old vehicles. His love for music began in high school, spending weekends and summers enjoying the San Francisco '60s music scene.
He worked many jobs in the automotive field and had a flair for art; detailed pen-and-ink helped develop his specialty of pin striping and color matching. He later moved to Grass Valley and was self-employed doing auto paint and body.
He is survived by his daughter Amber West (Jon Smith); grandchildren, Tyler West, Riley Smith and Ella Smith all of Grass Valley; mother Bonnie West; sister Connie (John) Shady of Penn Valley; brother Randy (LaRae) West of Watsonville; sister Becky (Byron) Hay of Pleasanton.
He was preceded in death by his father Robert West of Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance