Obituary for Elsie Owen
July 10, 2014
Elsie Marloff Owen, a longtime resident of Lake Wildwood and a friend to many Wildwooders, passed away on the afternoon of the 4th of July, 2014. The cause of her death was attributed to a series of strokes.
Place of interment is at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary in Nevada City. Details of her memorial service will be announced.
Elsie was born in April 1926 in Brookline, a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pa. She was one of the seven children of John and Kathryne Marloff.
She was a flight attendant for Capitol Airlines before marrying David Owen in November of 1951. They had two daughters, Susan (Crescent City, Calif.) and Marla (Maui, HI). Elsie was a true helpmate, working at banks and real estate in Dover, Delaware and Davis, Calif., while David was earning his doctorate in nutrition.
She is survived by her husband, Dave, two daughters, four granddaughters and five great-granddaughters.
During her 26-plus years in Lake Wildwood, she made many friends through various activities, especially through playing bridge.
Elsie will be sorely missed.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier