Obituary for Elsie Owen
July 10, 2014
Elsie Marloff Owen, a longtime resident of Lake Wildwood and a friend to many Wildwooders, passed away on the afternoon of the 4th of July, 2014. The cause of her death was attributed to a series of strokes.
Place of interment is at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary in Nevada City. Details of her memorial service will be announced.
Elsie was born in April 1926 in Brookline, a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pa. She was one of the seven children of John and Kathryne Marloff.
She was a flight attendant for Capitol Airlines before marrying David Owen in November of 1951. They had two daughters, Susan (Crescent City, Calif.) and Marla (Maui, HI). Elsie was a true helpmate, working at banks and real estate in Dover, Delaware and Davis, Calif., while David was earning his doctorate in nutrition.
She is survived by her husband, Dave, two daughters, four granddaughters and five great-granddaughters.
During her 26-plus years in Lake Wildwood, she made many friends through various activities, especially through playing bridge.
Elsie will be sorely missed.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week